Wednesday, July 14, 2010

No. 3: Birthday present for the husband


So my husband's birthday was this past week, and he is so hard to get presents for. So I thought I wanted to get him something he could use, and he will be teaching school next year and he will need to wear ties everyday so I thought I would make him one. I found a great tutorial here at Purl Bee. She has the pattern and the instructions, it was super easy and it turned out great. The only thing that my husband said he would want different is that the skinnier end was not skinny enough. So I took some pictures of the last few steps, here they are:








I found the fabric at a Goodwill in Tucson, I had waiting to use it for something special because I thought it was so fantastic.






Here is the finished tie, I think it turned out great!




2 comments:

  1. Wow, that fabric is absolutely amazing! It turned out great! I try to get Chase to wear ties like that, but he just likes the classic silky ones. But I might have to try this, looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, you are AMAZING!! I love this. Please keep blogging so I can learn more of your tricks :)

    ReplyDelete